Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) is your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Be dazzled by Buddhist architecture in Yangon, explore Bagan's amazing plain of ancient temples, or hike to the floating gardens and markets of Inle Lake; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Myanmar and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) Travel Guide:
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, religion, politics, cuisine, environment, wildlife, architecture, responsible travel, festivals, sport, traditional crafts, dance, theatre, music, literature, cinema
- Over 60 maps
- Covers Yangon, Southern Myanmar, Bagan, Central Myanmar, Yangon-Mandalay Highway, Temples of Bagan, Eastern Myanmar, Inle Lake, Mandalay, Northern Myanmar, Lashio, Myitkyina, Western Myanmar and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Myanmar (Burma) , our most comprehensive guide to Myanmar, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world’s number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveler since 1973. Over the past four decades, we’ve printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travelers. You’ll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.