Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet's New Englandis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Mount spectacular summits and drive ocean roads, tantalize your taste buds with succulent seafood and sweet maple syrup, and relish history and high culture - all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of New England and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet's New England:
- NEW pull-out, passport-size 'Just Landed' card with wi-fi, ATM and transportation info - all you need for a smooth journey from airport to hotel
- NEW Accommodations feature gathers all the information you need to plan where to rest your head
- NEW Where to Stay in Boston map is your at-a-glance guide to accommodation options in each neighbourhood
- Colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sightseeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, people, music, landscapes, wildlife, cuisine, politics
- Covers Boston, Cape Cod, Nantucket & Martha's Vineyard, Central Massachusetts & the Berkshires, Rhode Island, Vermont, Maine
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet's New England is our most comprehensive guide to New England, and is perfect for discovering both popular and off-the-beaten-path experiences.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet's USA for an in-depth guide to the country.
About Lonely Planet: Lonely Planet is a leading travel media company and the world's number one travel guidebook brand, providing both inspiring and trustworthy information for every kind of traveller since 1973. Over the past four decades, we've printed over 145 million guidebooks and grown a dedicated, passionate global community of travellers. You'll also find our content online, and in mobile apps, video, 14 languages, nine international magazines, armchair and lifestyle books, ebooks, and more.
TripAdvisor Travelers' Choice Awards 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016 winner in Favorite Travel Guide category
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves, it's in every traveler's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' - Fairfax Media (Australia)
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.