Lonely Planet: The world's leading travel guide publisher
Whether exploring your own backyard or somewhere new, discover the freedom of the open road with Lonely Planet Pacific Northwest's Best Trips. Featuring 33 amazing road trips, from 2-day escapes to 2-week adventures, you can cruise along the stunning Pacific Coast or explore the eerie volcanic landscape of Mt St Helen, all with your trusted travel companion. Jump in the car, turn up the tunes, and hit the road!
Inside Lonely Planet Pacific Northwest's Best Trips:
- Lavish color and gorgeous photographythroughout
- Itineraries and planning advice to pick the right tailored routes for your needs and interests
- Get around easily - 35 easy-to-read, full-color route maps, detailed directions
- Insider tips to get around like a local, avoid trouble spots and be safe on the road - local driving rules, parking, toll roads
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Useful features - including Stretch Your Legs, Detours, Link Your Trip
- Covers Pacific Coast, Cascade Mountains, John Day region, Whidbey Island, Willamette Valley, Columbia River Gorge, Olympic National Park, San Juan Islands and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet ***Pacific Northwest's Best Trips***is perfect for exploring the Pacific Northwest in the classic American way - by road trip!
- Planning a Pacific Northwest trip sans a car? Lonely Planet Washington, Oregon & the Pacific Northwest, our most comprehensive guide to the Pacific Northwest, is perfect for exploring both top sights and lesser-known gems.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves. The world awaits!
Lonely Planet guides have won the TripAdvisor Traveler's Choice Award in 2012, 2013, 2014, 2015, and 2016.
'Lonely Planet. It's on everyone's bookshelves; it's in every traveller's hands. It's on mobile phones. It's on the Internet. It's everywhere, and it's telling entire generations of people how to travel the world.' -- Fairfax Media
'Lonely Planet guides are, quite simply, like no other.' - New York Times
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.