Lonely Planet: The world’s leading travel guide publisher
Lonely Planet Southern Italyis your passport to the most relevant, up-to-date advice on what to see and skip, and what hidden discoveries await you. Go island-hopping across the stunning Aeolian Islands, explore the fabled island of Capri, or wander through ghostly ruins of Pompeii; all with your trusted travel companion. Get to the heart of Southern Italy and begin your journey now!
Inside Lonely Planet’s Southern Italy Travel Guide:
- Full-colour maps and images throughout
- Highlights and itineraries help you tailor your trip to your personal needs and interests
- Insider tips to save time and money and get around like a local, avoiding crowds and trouble spots
- Essential info at your fingertips - hours of operation, phone numbers, websites, transit tips, prices
- Honest reviews for all budgets - eating, sleeping, sight-seeing, going out, shopping, hidden gems that most guidebooks miss
- Cultural insights give you a richer, more rewarding travel experience - history, cuisine, art, architecture
- Covers Naples, Pompeii, the Amalfi Coast, Campania, Puglia, Basilicata, Calabria, Sicily, Capri, the Aeolian Islands, the Ionian Coast and more
eBook Features: (Best viewed on tablet devices and smartphones)
- Downloadable PDF and offline maps prevent roaming and data charges
- Effortlessly navigate and jump between maps and reviews
- Add notes to personalise your guidebook experience
- Seamlessly flip between pages
- Bookmarks and speedy search capabilities get you to key pages in a flash
- Embedded links to recommendations' websites
- Zoom-in maps and images
- Inbuilt dictionary for quick referencing
The Perfect Choice: Lonely Planet Southern Italy, our most comprehensive guide to Southern Italy, is perfect for both exploring top sights and taking roads less travelled.
Looking for a guide focused on Naples, Pompeii and the Amalfi Coast, or Sicily? Check out Lonely Planet’s Naples, Pompeii & the Amalfi Coast guide or Sicily guide for a comprehensive look at all the region has to offer.
Looking for more extensive coverage? Check out Lonely Planet’s Italy guide for a comprehensive look at all the country has to offer; or Lonely Planet’s Best of Italy*,* a photo-rich guide to the country’s most popular attractions.
About Lonely Planet: Since 1973, Lonely Planet has become the world's leading travel media company with guidebooks to every destination, an award-winning website, mobile and digital travel products, and a dedicated traveller community. Lonely Planet covers must-see spots but also enables curious travellers to get off beaten paths to understand more of the culture of the places in which they find themselves.
Important Notice: The digital edition of this book may not contain all of the images found in the physical edition.