The new edition of Supporting Education, 2e is the perfect handbook for anyone who works with qualified teachers in a role supporting the education and development of school children.
Supporting Education, 2e is written to support CHC30213 Certificate III in Education Support qualification, from the streamlined CHC Community Services Training Package.
It provides teaching assistants with an overview of child development and how children learn, as well an introduction to the key learning areas for primary school students. The text also links to new online support resources and information to help with teaching and class prep time. Engage students with key pedagogical elements throughout the text, including:
- Case studies
- Links to ACARA
- In Practice boxes for tips, hints and tricks
- Links to practical examples
- Key terms
Links to a wide range of online resources are included as well as strategies for working with students and teachers.
- The Whole Child full page feature addresses the whole child with regard to key developmental milestones for children at various ages/stages
- Consider This box restyling some of the random scenario boxes.
- In Practice boxes link up with Scenarios to reinforce best practice.
New to Edition:
- NEW Case Study - This multiple page feature follows one specific child through an extended in-chapter case.
- NEW text features throughout to highlight important content and encourage reflection – the NEW ACARA box highlights relevant links to Australian Curriculum (ACARA) material in Supporting Education.
- NEW Key terms in bold - Highlights key terms in the text that students will need to know (these terms are also defined in the end-of-book glossary).
- NEW Scenarios - Brief scenarios demonstrate how theory is applied in real life, in the school environment. These scenarios are given as examples of material that has just been discussed in the text.
- NEW In Practice box - ‘In practice’ boxes give tips to educators/teaching assistants for facilitating activities/experiences in the early childhood setting/classroom.