This text focuses on practical applications, enabling students to develop, implement, and assess the results of training programs that are designed to optimize strength, power, and athletic performance. A clear, straightforward writing style makes it easy to grasp new concepts, and updated content keeps students current with the latest developments in the field.
- NEW! Introduction to Nutrition and Supplementation chapter establishes a solid foundation in this key area of training.
- Myths and Misconceptions boxes debunk popular myths and clarify widespread misconceptions about strength and conditioning.
- Interpreting Research boxes draw attention to important research findings and explain their application to strength and conditioning practice.
- Sidebars highlight topical points at a glance.
- Case Studies throughout the chapters challenge students to evaluate real-world scenarios and devise effective solutions.
- Exercise boxes provide step-by-step instructions for various exercises, along with photos of the proper positioning and movement, as well as appropriate variations.
- Caution! boxes within Exercise boxes alert students to important warnings and safety considerations for specific exercises.
- Review Questions at the end of each chapter enable students to test their knowledge and apply what they've learned.
- eBook available for purchase. Fast, smart, and convenient, today's eBooks can transform learning.