This easy-to-read, user-friendly text explores the full range of basic topics typically covered in research courses in exercise science, kinesiology, and physical education. The book provides the information and skills needed to write effective research proposals and theses; read, assess, interpret, and apply published research; and understand how to conduct basic studies in health, physical education, exercise science, athletic training, and recreation.Features:
- NEW Additional useful assessment and application tips.
- Numerous informative examples from health, physical education, exercise science, and recreation disciplines that illustrate key concepts, topics, and terms
- Statistics chapters feature exercises that can be solved manually and/or by computer. Answers are provided in an appendix
- Summary, Learning Activities, and Exercises at the end of each chapter reinforce the material and offer additional study tools.
- Key concepts listed at the beginning of each chapter show importance of topic, making for study that is more efficient and review.
- Appendices provide useful reference material and study tools including answers to expanded statistics problems and data sets, tables, answers to review questions, plus sample letters and forms.