This handbook presents a diverse range of effective treatment approaches for individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities (IDD). Its triple focus on key concepts, treatment and training modalities, and evidence-based interventions for challenging behaviors of individuals with IDD provides a solid foundation for effective treatment strategies, theory-to-implementation issues, and the philosophical and moral aspects of care. Expert contributions advocate for changes in treating individuals with intellectual and developmental disabilities by emphasizing caregiver support as well as respecting and encouraging client autonomy, self-determination, and choice. With its quality-of-life approach, the handbook details practices that are person-centered and supportive as well as therapeutically sound.
Topics featured in the handbook include:
- Functional and preference assessments for clinical decision making.
- Treatment modalities from cognitive behavioral therapy and pharmacotherapy to mindfulness, telehealth, and assistive technologies.
- Self-determination and choice as well as community living skills.
- Quality-of-life issues for individuals with IDD.
- Early intensive behavior interventions for autism spectrum disorder.
- Skills training for parents of children with IDD as well as staff training in positive behavior support.
- Evidence-based interventions for a wide range of challenging behaviors and issues.
The Handbook of Evidence-Based Practices in Intellectual and Developmental Disabilities
is a must-have resource for researchers, clinicians, scientist-practitioners, and graduate students in clinical psychology, social work, behavior therapy, and rehabilitation.
This title is in stock with our Australian supplier and arrives at our Sydney warehouse within 10-15 working days of you placing an order.
Once received into our warehouse we will despatch it to you with a Shipping Notification which includes online tracking.
Please check the estimated delivery times below for your region, for after your order is despatched from our warehouse:
ACT Metro 2 working days
NSW Metro 2 working days
NSW Rural 2 - 3 working days
NSW Remote 2 - 5 working days
NT Metro 3 - 6 working days
NT Remote 4 - 10 working days
QLD Metro 2 - 4 working days
QLD Rural 2 - 5 working days
QLD Remote 2 - 7 working days
SA Metro 2 - 5 working days
SA Rural 3 - 6 working days
SA Remote 3 - 7 working days
TAS Metro 3 - 6 working days
TAS Rural 3 - 6 working days
VIC Metro 2 - 3 working days
VIC Rural 2 - 4 working days
VIC Remote 2 - 5 working days
WA Metro 3 - 6 working days
WA Rural 4 - 8 working days
WA Remote 4 - 12 working days