The Macquarie Dictionary Eighth Edition is nationally and internationally regarded as the standard reference on Australian English.
An up-to-date account of our variety of English, it not only includes words and senses peculiar to Australian English, but also those common to the whole English-speaking world.
The Eighth Edition features:
- a comprehensive record of English as it is used in Australia today
- more than 3500 new entries such as algorithmic bias, cancel culture, deepfake, eco-anxiety, hygge, influencer, Me Too, ngangkari, single-use, social distancing
- thousands of updated entries to reflect changing perspectives relating to the environment, politics, technology and the internet
- illustrative phrases showing how a word is used in context
- words and phrases from regional Australia
- etymologies of words and phrases
- extensive usage notes
- foreword by Kim Scott, multi-award-winning novelist.
This item is In Stock in our Sydney warehouse and typically sent from our warehouse within 2 - 3 working days.
Once sent we will send you a Shipping Notification which includes online tracking.
Please check the estimated delivery times below for your region, for after your order is despatched from our warehouse:
ACT Metro 2 working days
NSW Metro 2 working days
NSW Rural 2 - 3 working days
NSW Remote 2 - 5 working days
NT Metro 3 - 6 working days
NT Remote 4 - 10 working days
QLD Metro 2 - 4 working days
QLD Rural 2 - 5 working days
QLD Remote 2 - 7 working days
SA Metro 2 - 5 working days
SA Rural 3 - 6 working days
SA Remote 3 - 7 working days
TAS Metro 3 - 6 working days
TAS Rural 3 - 6 working days
VIC Metro 2 - 3 working days
VIC Rural 2 - 4 working days
VIC Remote 2 - 5 working days
WA Metro 3 - 6 working days
WA Rural 4 - 8 working days
WA Remote 4 - 12 working days
Express Post is available if ALL items in your Shopping Cart are listed as 'In Stock'.