This new edition of the popular book No Fear Coding offers current research, updated tools and more cross-curricular connections for K-5 teachers to integrate into their classes.
Coding has become an essential skill for finding solutions to everyday problems, while computational thinking (CT) teaches reasoning and creativity, and offers an innovative approach to demonstrating content knowledge and seeing mathematical processes in action. No Fear Coding
introduced many K-5 educators to ways to bring coding into their curriculum by embedding computational thinking skills into activities for different content areas.
This second edition features updated tools--including programmable robots and other physical computing devices--as well as new activities aligned to the ISTE Standards for Students and Computational Thinking Competencies.
Also new in this edition:
No Fear Coding, Second Edition
- Suggestions for extending CT to more subjects, such as music, art and physical education, and an explanation of how CT can be used in special education.
- Expanded coverage of teaching CT offline to help students apply it without digital technology.
- Insights into helping children become active creators rather than passive users of technology.
- Extended discussion of how to assess coding and computational thinking.
- Tips on demystifying basic coding concepts so that teachers are comfortable teaching these concepts to their students.
will help build students' coding and CT knowledge to prepare them for the middle grades and beyond.
This title is in stock with our US supplier and is sent from our Sydney warehouse within 10-15 working days of you placing an order.
Once received into our warehouse we will despatch it to you with a Shipping Notification which includes online tracking.
Please check the estimated delivery times below for your region, for after your order is despatched from our warehouse:
ACT Metro 2 working days
NSW Metro 2 working days
NSW Rural 2 - 3 working days
NSW Remote 2 - 5 working days
NT Metro 3 - 6 working days
NT Remote 4 - 10 working days
QLD Metro 2 - 4 working days
QLD Rural 2 - 5 working days
QLD Remote 2 - 7 working days
SA Metro 2 - 5 working days
SA Rural 3 - 6 working days
SA Remote 3 - 7 working days
TAS Metro 3 - 6 working days
TAS Rural 3 - 6 working days
VIC Metro 2 - 3 working days
VIC Rural 2 - 4 working days
VIC Remote 2 - 5 working days
WA Metro 3 - 6 working days
WA Rural 4 - 8 working days
WA Remote 4 - 12 working days