Discover the stress-reducing benefits of coloring paisley designs.
Originating in ancient Persia, the paisley design became popular in the West after its importation by European nations. The shawls on which the beautiful and intricate designs often appeared were considered to be a luxury throughout the early 1800s and were therefore highly sought after. Since then, the paisley has continued to be popular in fashion, with the swirling teardrop design decorating everything from textiles and interior designs to cell phone cases and all sorts of handicraft items.
Far from being just a fashionable and fun design, the paisley is also a wonderful device for coloring. Its ornate swirls and lines provide a myriad of coloring opportunities, which can serve as an outlet for your creativity. In addition, exploring and admiring the minute details of each paisley, and adding color to them as you see fit, can help you relieve your everyday stress.
"Paisleys: Coloring for Artists" has forty-six blackand-white designs for you to color and a gallery of full-color images that serve as inspiration. These designs have been created specifically for you, and are perforated so that each one can be removed to more easily be colored. So explore your creative side, and discover the fun and relaxing benefits of coloring paisleys.
- Includes an introduction describing the history and beauty of the paisley design
- Features forty-six original designs for readers to color
- Each black-and-white design is printed on one side of a perforated page, allowing readers to removeand frametheir artwork
- Includes eleven pages of full-color images to exemplify illustrated paisleys
- Released as part of a series of four coloring books