Probiotics, Prebiotics, and Synbiotics: Bioactive Foods in Health Promotion reviews and presents new hypotheses and conclusions on the effects of different bioactive components of probiotics, prebiotics, and synbiotics to prevent disease and improve the health of various populations. Experts define and support the actions of bacteria; bacteria modified bioflavonoids and prebiotic fibrous materials and vegetable compounds. A major emphasis is placed on the health-promoting activities and bioactive components of probiotic bacteria.
- Offers a novel focus on synbiotics, carefully designed prebiotics probiotics combinations to help design functional food and nutraceutical products
- Discusses how prebiotics and probiotics are complementary and can be incorporated into food products and used as alternative medicines
- Defines the variety of applications of probiotics in health and disease resistance and provides key insights into how gut flora are modified by specific food materials
- Includes valuable information on how prebiotics are important sources of micro-and macronutrients that modify body functions
- Dietetics & nutrition
- Publication Date:
- Elsevier Science & Technology Books
- Country of origin:
- United States
- Dimensions (mm):
Our Australian supplier has this title on order. You can place a backorder for this title now and we will ship it to you when it becomes available.
While we are unable to provide a delivery estimate, most backorders will be delivered within 120 days. If we are informed by our supplier that the title is no longer available during this time, we will cancel and refund you for this item. Likewise, if no delivery estimate has been provided within 120 days, we will contact our supplier for an update. If there is still no delivery estimate we will then cancel the item and provided you with a refund.
If we are able to secure you a copy of the title, our supplier will despatch it to our Sydney warehouse. Once received we make sure it is in perfect condition and then despatch it to you via the Australia Post eParcel service, which includes online tracking. You will receive a shipping notice from us when this occurs.