An authoring team of world-class System Center consultants thoroughly cover System Center integration with Microsoft Intune and its mobile device management capabilities. They fully address Microsoft's increased support for cross-platform devices, enhanced profiles, changes to application management, operating system deployment, as well as improvements to performance, security, usability, and mobile device management.
The essential follow-up to System Center 2012 R2 Configuration Manager Unleashed, this new supplement joins Sams' market-leading series of books on Microsoft System Center.
* Use ConfigMgr 2012 R2 with Windows Intune to deliver people-centric management to any user, any device, anywhere
* Simplify BYOD registration and enrollment, and enable consistent access to corporate resources
* Integrate new mobile device management capabilities into the Configuration Manager console without service packs, hot fixes, or major releases
* Provision authentication certificates for managed devices via certificate profiles
* Automate repetitive software- and device-related tasks with PowerShell cmdlets
* Centrally control roaming profiles, certificates, Wi-Fi profiles, and VPN configuration
* Configure User Data and Profiles to manage folder redirection, offline files/folders, and roaming profiles for Windows 8.x users
* Enable users to access data in Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) environments
* Manage devices running OS X, UNIX, Linux, Windows Phone 8, WinRT, iOS, and Android
* Understand the new cross-platform agent introduced in ConfigMgr 2012 R2
* Automate Windows setup with OSD
* Prepare for, configure, install, and verify successful installation of the Windows Intune connector role
* Respond to emerging challenges in mobile device management