Discover this fascinating country with the most incisive and entertaining guidebook on the market.
Whether you plan to wander through Krakow's magnificent medieval Old Town, hike in the Tatra Mountains or relax on the Baltic coast, The Rough Guide to Poland will show you the ideal places to sleep, eat, drink, shop and visit along the way.
- Independent, trusted reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and insight, to help you get the most out of your visit, with options to suit every budget.
- Full-colour maps throughout - navigate the cobbled alleys of Lublin or Warsaw's New Town without needing to get online.
- Stunning images - a rich collection of inspiring colour photography.
- Things not to miss - Rough Guides' rundown of Poland's best sights and experiences.
- Itineraries - carefully planned routes to help you organize your trip.
- Detailed regional coverage - whether off the beaten track or in more mainstream tourist destinations, this travel guide has in-depth practical advice for every step of the way.
- Areas covered include: Warsaw, Mazovia and Lodz, the Bay of Gdansk and the Wisla Delta, Torun, Mazuria and Podlasie, Lublin, Zamosc, the Polish Carpathians, Krakow and Malopolska, the Tatras and the Pieniny, Upper Silesia, Wroclaw and Lower Silesia, Wielkopolska, Pomerania.
- Attractions include: the Mazurian Lakes; wooden churches near Zakopane; Auschwitz-Birkenau; Malbork Castle; Kazimierz Dolny; Slowinski national park; Wieliczka Salt Mine; Bialowieza national park; Bieszczady national park; Rynek Glowny, Krakow, and much more.
- Basics - essential pre-departure practical information including getting there, local transport, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities and more.
- Background information - a Contexts chapter devoted to history, books, music and film, plus a handy language section and glossary.