This classic, much-loved story is set in the English countryside and follows a group of animal friends. The main characters, Mole, Ratty, and Toad generally lead upbeat, happy lives, but their tales are littered with moments of terror, homesickness, awe and madcap antics.
The story follows Mole who goes boating with the Water Rat instead of spring-cleaning – he discovers a whole new world. There is also Toad, who has a craze for fast travel, which leads him and his friends on a whirl of trains, barges, gipsy caravans and motor cars and even into battle.
A theme of loyalty, manners, self-restraint, and comradeship runs throughout the book.
Although classed as children’s literature, The Wind in the Willows holds a fascination for adults too.
Highlights of this edition are:
* 32 illustrations and photos. Original illustrations by E. H. Shepard.
* A free web links to the full-length audio recording of the book – to either listen to online, or download. (The audio link only works on the Kobo’s Android and iOS apps).
* It is formatted for ease of use and enjoyment on your kobo reader.
* An active (easy to use) Table of Contents listing every chapter accessible from the kobo menu.
* Plus About the Author section.
* 302 pages (in the kobo format) for a very low price.
This book is unabridged and the story appears as it was first published in 1908.